My client is an intergenerational property owner with a diverse property portfolio based in Auckland. Their current development pipeline has now reached a point, where a new Senior Development Manager is needed to lead the current projects.
The purpose of the role is to optimise the medium and long-term return of my client’s investment property portfolio. Completed developments form part of the long-term investment property strategy, that will target long term stable income and therefore a whole of life asset approach is a key consideration in any development undertaken.
The Senior Development Manager will be responsible for the successful initiation, management and delivery of multiple development projects, specifically four current development projects in, medical and build-to-rent. Critical to this role is substantial front end development experience on large scale multi-building development programmes.
This role will work alongside the General Manager Property, wider property team and other colleagues associated with the portfolio to deliver on the investment property strategy.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Managing the performance of existing developments.
- Analysing new development and investment opportunities.
- Managing and approving project feasibilities and cash flow forecasts.
- Negotiating and overseeing detailed Partnership and Development Agreements.
- Management of master planning and consenting processes.
- Stakeholder and community engagement important to the organisation.
- Working closely with external project consultants while managing the design, procurement and tendering of projects.
- Preparing Board and Executive reports to support major investment and capital decisions.
- Strategizing and leading the successful execution of development programmes with emphasis on high density development.
You will also have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification is preferred, but not necessarily required.
- Be highly numerate, able to think laterally and have well developed commercial acumen.
- You must be a team player with well-developed EQ who leads by example.
- Have a commitment to quality and making actions speak louder than words.
- You will have end to end development management experience with a proven eye for detail.
- You must be fully conversant with each stage of property development from funding to feasibility, planning and consenting, sales & marketing and construction.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to produce high quality reports.
If you’re interested to learn more about this opportunity please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation contact Amy Walker at Assemble Recruitment on 027 274 2655.