My client is a residential apartment developer that is currently seeking to bring on a Design Manager to oversee multiple residential apartment projects across Auckland.
This current project portfolio includes a project boasting up to 500 x apartments that are aimed at the owner/occupier market. You will work closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders managing the design process, and drive the consenting process on multiple projects at different stages.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Employ technical expertise in the design process of new development projects.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation of design processes through all stages of design.
- Managing and coordinating the design review for submissions from the contractor.
- Working closely with design teams on complex issues, and progress on projects.
- Ensuring design specifications are being met during the construction process.
- Assist the Development Team where required.
- Work with internal stakeholders, external consultants, contractors, manufacturers and suppliers, Councils, and regulatory authorities to ensure all projects meet all outcomes.
To be considered for the role the ideal candidate will come from an architectural or design/project management background.
- Ideally design experience across project initiation and predesign, concept, through to documentation.
- Residential apartment experience would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Experience managing projects from design and planning through to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage the demands of designers, engineers, and contractors on site.
To apply online please attach a CV or if you require more information on the role call Amy Walker on 027-274-2655.