Oyster is a leading New Zealand commercial property and fund manager and is recognised as a market leader in sourcing and structuring property funds and capital raising. They also manage a range of retail, office, and industrial assets throughout New Zealand. They are committed to Transforming Property Investment Together and it is this vision that sits at the core of everything they do. Their Values are what guide the culture, the day-to-day interactions with investors, tenants, contractors, each other and how they deliver on their vision – they are One Team, Leaders, Courageous and Ethical.
Due to Oyster’s ongoing growth, they have identified the need to add to their Development team with an Assistant Development Manager.
The Assistant Development Manager will report into an experienced Development Manager and will assist in managing a variety of projects and workstreams across a diverse portfolio of commercially focused assets nationally.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Managing and leading development projects from due diligence and concept design through to completion;
- Financial management including feasibilities, budgets, and forecasts;
- Taking ownership of planning, design and delivery process;
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Managing and coordinating procurement activities including construction and consultant contracts;
- Proactively identifying opportunities to add value to the existing portfolio; and
- Contributing to leasing strategy and associated marketing activities.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following experience:
- Hold a Bachelor of Property, Construction (Construction Management or Quantity Surveying), Engineering degree or similar;
- At least 3 years' experience within property sector ideally within project management, property management, construction, or similar;
- Proven ability in managing projects in New Zealand;
- A commercial understanding of the property development lifecycle;
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks;
- Outstanding presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Desire to work within a passionate and collaborative team environment, and also autonomously; and
- Ambitions to advance your career to become a Development Manager.
Oyster offers the opportunity to be part of a team that has over NZ $2.1 billion in assets under management, that takes great pride in creating an exceptional experience for their tenants, whilst maintaining a vibrant, knowledgeable, and progressive workplace environment
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced property professional to take the step into Development Management and to work for one of New Zealand’s leading property and funds management businesses.
If you’re interested to learn more about this opportunity please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation contact Amy Walker at Assemble Recruitment on 027 274 2655.