Assemble Recruitment is partnering exclusively with Calder Stewart to identify a National Facilities Manager to be based in their office based in Christchurch. This role is a newly created role due to growth within their industrial and commercial property portfolio nationally.
Who are Calder Stewart
Calder Stewart is a leading property, construction, and property investment company with a presence throughout New Zealand. FortHill Property is part of our wholesale funds management business and is a nationally leading industrial property fund. We pride ourselves in delivering innovative property and construction solutions for clients using our property and construction expertise and best practice technology and methodologies. We are committed to growing our people and have an established leadership programme that works with frontline, middle and senior leaders enabling sustained personal and business growth. More information on both businesses can be found on calderstewart.co.nz, forthill.co.nz, and LinkedIn.
About the Role
Calder Stewart is looking for a National Facilities Manager to lead its Facilities Management Team across both the Calder Stewart and FortHill Property portfolios. This role will involve taking responsibility of the Facilities Management Team, efficiently planning, coordinating and delivering key operational functions to ensure the best practice of the portfolio’s building requirements whilst also developing capital improvement plans and ensuring internal and external customer service levels meet company standards.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the facilities management team on a national basis and leading improvement in the quality of service it provides
- Preparing annual operating expenditure budgets and forecasts in conjunction with Commercial Leasing Manager
- Preparing Capital Budgets and overseeing and identifying capital improvement requirements, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Engagement and tendering of soft service performance and repairs and maintenance contracts and ongoing performance and relationship management to ensure efficiency and compliance
- Managing and co-ordinating the handover of completed buildings from Calder Stewart Construction and other developers
- Effectively managing the variety of parties involved in the tenancy fitouts ensuring the best possible outcomes for delivery of any capital works
- Risk Management and Compliance – ensuring compliance with Calder Stewart’s Health and Safety Policies and ensure building statutory compliances are met
Skills and Attributes
We will be looking for the following attributes from candidates:
- Detailed Financial Management skills and budgeting of large operating expense budgets, with Advance Excel competency
- Operations Management and Facilities Management experience of a property portfolio as part of a Facilities or Property Team
- Project Management skills and experience to deliver capital replacement projects on time and on budget
- Experience in best practice Energy and Sustainable Building Management practices
- Experience in managing and leading people and contractor management
- Excellence in Health and Safety Leadership and compliance
- Skilled and efficient user of administrative, management and building management technologies
- Tertiary Qualification in a relevant discipline is advantageous but experience in similar Facilities Management roles and large projects will also be highly regarded
Culture and Benefits
In return, we offer you an opportunity to join a solid, long standing and reputable company with a supportive work environment where you will meet great people and are provided with long term career opportunities. For further information, please visit our website www.calderstewart.co.nz and click our employment section.
Applications for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Calder Stewart is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. A negative drug test result will be a condition of any offer of employment.
Calder Stewart recognise vaccination is one of the key controls to reduce infection and transmission of COVID-19 for all employees. If you are successful in this role, you will be required to be double vaccinated before commencing employment. Your vaccination status will need to be verified prior to coming on site.
On offer is an excellent opportunity to work with a well-known property developer, investor and fund manager that has an excellent company culture.
If you are interested to learn more about this opportunity, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button or send your CV to email@example.com